Background

Saturday, August 29, 2009

First Real Sewing Project

I have been diligently working on my first, real sewing project. I volunteered to make my sister-in-law's baby bedding (with my mother's help, of course). Mom made my boys' baby bedding, and it's better than anything you can buy, so I thought I could handle that project, too. Ha. Ignorance is bliss. Anyway, let me just say...

I am sooooo pleased with it! I'll warn you, it doesn't look professionally made--my stitches are a bit sloppy in places, but I am very pleased with the outcome! I've included a picture of the valance, but that's all I'm going to reveal. I want it to be a surprise to the Mommy and Daddy. I hope they like it as much as I do. If not, I'll take it back and sell it on eBay. :)

I needed this. I've needed something to really sink my teeth into, then sit back and bask in the results. I feel good; and the fact that I'm giving it to some bodies that I love makes it all that more sweet. I stitched every single stitch. :) Me. :) Amy. :)
Thanks to Mom for your help; thanks to Grandma for giving me a sewing machine a couple years ago; and thanks to Kerrie and Jeremy and Baby Nephew for trusting me with the task. I hope you like it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment