Big O had his 9-month appointment today. Nothing exciting, just height and weight check and hemoglobin. The boy has good iron, by the way. Anyway, Owen weighed 23.8 lbs. and was 29 1/2 inches long. He is in the 80th percentile of other babies his age. As Dr. Russell says, "He's perfect!"
I canned some corn yesterday. Yes, you heard me right. CANNED SOME CORN! Dad gave me a bunch of his garden corn and I didn't have freezer space to put it, so Jason had the grand idea of me canning it. Well, I mentioned it, but he encouraged me. Anyway, his mom sent up her pressure cooker and some canning supplies and I laid into it. People, it's a lot of work, but it's worth it in the end. I have 8 beautifully sealed Kerr pint jars full of corn that we'll enjoy over the next few months. I am proud of myself. I read the book and had absolutely no trouble. I have a sneaky suspicion that this is a skill we might need to practice again to sustain our families.
This Thursday the boys will be headed to Arkansas for the weekend. Jason and I are taking the youth group to a youth convention. I'm looking forward to it, but anxious about sending my kids away. I'll be ready for Sunday afternoon when we pick them back up. They'll have a great time with Nana and Pa, but it never ceases to make Mom a little anxious.
Corwin is with Daddy at the baseball field. Jason has started working with his pitchers, gearing up for baseball season. I can't believe it's already here. I don't think I'm ready. I'm never ready. I'm sure Corwin is helping those high school boys perfect their skills right now.
Can't believe it's August already! That's all, folks. Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment