Background

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Festivities

Our family spent the Memorial Day weekend in Texarkana with the family. (Jason's Dad's side.) We had a really good time! We ate A LOT, talked A LOT, and thoroughly enjoyed each other's company. We hadn't had the chance to see Cousin Jack in a long time, and he has definitely grown! He's seven months old now.
Owen gave Jack the jar candle so that he could play with his froggie toy. Thankfully, Jack didn't mind.

And, of course, Corwin had to display his keen baseball skills. I'm not sure if that was for his benefit, or for the benefit of all the men who stood around and talked about their coaching and playing days.

Good thing Uncle Brett was standing there for back-up.

Like I said, lots and lots of gabbing about baseball. That's just what this family does. Good thing there are plenty of "experts" around. :)

Corwin and Pappy.

Sunday evening Jared took the boys to the local fitness center to swim and play. I thought Owen would be cautious and stay out of the deep waters, but apparently I was wrong. He walked around with no fear! Good thing someone was always there for when he took an unexpected dunk...

...like this one.

Corwin maneuvered his way around that pool with ease. He stayed close to the edges and ropes. I've got to call around and see if I can't get him signed up for swimming lessons. He loves the water too much!

Owen had lots of fun, too. He was all over that place!







Cousin Jake was on leave from the Air Force this weekend, so we got to see him! We hadn't seen him since Thanksgiving, so it was really good to see him. Corwin thought he looked pretty cool in his "army clothes".


So, now we're back home and it's laundry and cleaning day. It's always good to go and see people, but just as nice to be home and get back to the routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment