I cannot do a summer post without mentioning my week at Camp Niangua. I have had the distinct privilege the past three years to be a part of a praise band that leads about 200 teenagers and 100 adults in singing praises to God. Last week was that week. I must say, there is little that I enjoy more. This "camp band" is comprised of several talented individuals who truly love the Lord and want to see Him glorified.
We sang some really great songs this year: Our God (by Chris Tomlin), Chosen Generation (Chris Tomlin), Yahweh (Hillsong), Revelation Song (Kari Jobe), etc. I love that feeling of singing those songs on the third and fourth nights, and the kids are singing out from their hearts. It is definitely something you cannot put into words.
When I was a teenager growing up in church camp, I used to dream that I'd have that job. I was always really moved by the music we sang at camp, and I wanted to have the joy of leading worship one day. And, here I am. My dream come true. And all I can do is thank God for choosing me and using me.
No comments:
Post a Comment