Background

Monday, March 12, 2012

Overdue Update

Well, lately I have been terrible at updating this blog.  I apologize.  (I think I apologized last time too, didn't I?)  Anyway, here is a post that bridges a couple months' time.

Many of you participated in Corwin's 100th Day of School Autograph Book.  I cannot tell you how much we appreciated your participation!  He was so proud of his book!  Here is a glimpse of it:



Ella is growing every day.  I tried my hardest to get her to smile at me in this picture, but as soon as that camera flies up, she stops.  Anyway, here she is, around 2 1/2 months old, in the dress that Grandpa Hosiner picked out for her.  Very cute!


Owen, Ella, and I went to school with Corwin a couple weeks ago to have some SERIOUSLY green eggs, ham, and biscuits.  Well, Corwin was the only one of us four who ate.  I am on a diet, Ella is too, and Owen did not like the looks of those green eggs!  They made Owen a "Cat In the Hat" hat too, but he refused to wear it.  He is a mess!  But, he sure enjoyed listening to all the Dr. Seuss books they read that morning!


Owen loves his little sister.  He constantly tells me that, too.  "I like my little sister.  She's cute.  Can I hug her?"  "Can I give her a kiss?"  Poor girl.  The boy is all over her ALL the time.  But, she doesn't seem to be bothered ... for now.


Owen has sure enjoyed this warm winter.  Last year we'd seen over 20 inches of snow by now.  Thank goodness we've instead seen 50-60 degree days.  It's nice when you have a 3-year-old boy.  We also got him a turtle sandbox, and he is out there every chance he can get!  He even asks to go out when it's raining!


Ella is really changing.  We just graduated into 3-6 month clothing.  She weighs about 13 1/2 lbs.  She is eating around 7 oz. every 3 1/2 hours.  She takes 3-4 naps a day, and sleeps from about 9:30 at night until 7:30 a.m.  I am trying to remember the days when she could fit easily in the palms of my hands, and slept nearly all day.  Those days are gone.  I don't miss the sleepless nights, but I do miss how she'd "melt" into you, so warm and cuddly.  But, it is fun to see her smiling, talking, and reach out for toys (a new skill she is tyring to master).  Three-and-a-half months old.  Wow.  Time flies when you're having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment