Background

Friday, February 10, 2012

February Update

Well, I have not been very good to keep y'all up-to-date. Please, forgive me. We haven't been very busy, other than the busy days at home with a newborn. Whew! I had forgotten how crazy that is!

We have enjoyed a very mild winter thus far, which is a nice change from last year.  This time last year we were recovering from an 18-inch snow and bitter cold days.  Thankfully, Owen has been able to go outside several times this year, which he LOVES!!!  That boy could live outside playing with his trucks!

Ella is doing well.  She is about 12 lbs. right now and 22 inches long.  She is growing and thriving.  BUT... she has acid reflux.  "Silent reflux," they call it.  She doesn't ever spit up, but she experiences a lot of pain.  Apparently the acid rises to the top of her throat where she then swallows it.  They say it is even more painful than for those who spit up because she gets the burning up and back down.  Feeding time is STRESSFUL.  The girl doesn't want to eat!  (I can't blame her.)  I can usually get her to take a couple ounces--maybe three--at each feeding, but that's after her fighting it after 1/2 - 1 ounce.  I have to walk and bounce, and be patient until she will calm down and take it.  Then, I continue to walk with her until she seems satisfied enough.  She is starving, but doesn't enjoy eating.  Isn't that a shame??? A girl should enjoy eating!  :)

Other than that, she is healthy and fine!  She is happy all other times of the day.  I cannot complain.  I will simply wait patiently while her doctor and I find a solution that brings her some relief.  Right now she is on Zantac, three times a day.  And, today he changed her formula.  I am praying this will do the trick!  Unfortunately, results are not instant.  It takes time.

Here is a video of her smiling and "talking."  Then, Owen finishes it off with a Grand Finale performance of "Elmo's World".  That boys loves his Elmo!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment