Background

Friday, December 2, 2011

The Trimming of the Tree

I was given some tough news by my OB the week of Thanksgiving, and that was to STAY HOME.  He told me, unless I was prepared to deliver in a foreign hospital with a foreign doctor, to stay home.  So, I heeded his advice (which was tough) and the Morris Four stayed home for Thanksgiving.  This was the first time in my life that I'd ever been at my house for Thanksgiving.  It ws strange, sad, yet nice and peaceful.

We decided we'd take this time to prepare for Ella's arrival, so that when she decided to show up, we'd be ready.  (Little did we know it'd be the following Tuesday).  Friday night we put up the Christmas tree.  Owen and Corwin had a blast!  Needless to say, Owen will not grow up to be an interior decorator.  Every ornament he put on the tree was in about a 4-inch square.  And, most were on the same branch.  He was so proud of what he'd done, though!  (We left it that way until the boys went to bed. This OCD mom could not stand it to stay like that forever!)


He also insisted on wearing this "gasses," like Mommy.  The house was already dimly lit, so I'm not sure how he could see very well.  That may explain why all the ornaments were on the same branch.  He couldn't see!  ... Uh, nah! 


The finished product!  Good times!


The following Monday I finished up our Christmas shopping on line.  Now, we're ready for Ella Joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment