Background

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Early Days

Well, we are doing our best to adjust to the demands and "schedule" of a newborn baby in the house.  I remember how much easier it was with just one!  It didn't matter if you slept in until 8 or 9 in the morning, or how late you went to bed.  But, with a kindergartner and a 3-year-old, it's not so easy!  Life has many more demands other than baby's demands.


Ella is healthy and doing well.  On the 13th of December she had her first well-baby visit.  A whoppin' 2 weeks old!  She weighed 8 lbs. and 5.5 oz.  (Hard to believe that that was just an ounce over Owen's birth weight, and 8 oz. shy of Corwin's birth weight.)  She had grown about an inch as well.  Dr. Fernando said she looked perfect, and all was well.


Ella does well on her 3-hour schedule.  I often worry about her crying all night because she still sleeps so much!  But, she does great!  She's up every 3-4 hours at night, but usually goes back out without a hitch.  I look forward to the days that she'll stretch out those middle-of-the-night feedings and sleep all night.  I'm trying hard not to wish these tiny, early baby days away, but it is hard when you're exhausted all day.

She had her first official bath in the kitchen sink last week.  She was not happy to be undressed....


But, the water actually began to soothe her ....


Until she calmed down completely.  Then, she was mad again when I dressed her.  She does NOT like being dressed and undressed!


The boys are still very proud of her.  In fact, Corwin begged me to take her to his school to show off to his classmates.  So, on the last day of school, Owen, Ella, and I went to Corwin's Christmas party where Corwin very proudly showed her to all his friends.  (Don't worry, y'all.  I kept her snuggly and safely tucked away in her car seat so the little rugrats couldn't touch her.)  I wish I'd gotten a picture of his HUGE grin when we walked in!  Then, he went around to all his friends and said, "Come see my new baby sister!  Isn't she cute!??"

Earlier that week, Corwin had his Christmas program.  It was something about Santa being stuck in Mexico, so all the Elves had to make the toys in Mexico.  It was super cute!  Corwin is on the front row, right in the middle.  He's wearing a green sweater and jeans.  He was "just 'one of the others'".  After being the star of the Thanksgiving show, he was a little disappointed not to have a bigger role in the Christmas play.  But, he sang the songs and did the motions really well.


That's what the Morris Five have been up to lately.  I am enjoying having Jason home for a full two weeks.  It sure helps to have him here at night to share the late-night feedings.  I'm anxious to travel and see the family, too.  I am a little worried about being away from home when Ella is so little.  I'm trying so hard to get her on a schedule, and these first couple months are critical.  Pray for us--that Ella does well, and Mommy does too!  :)

Merry Christmas from the Morris Forest!

No comments:

Post a Comment