Background

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Just Another Manic Tuesday!

Okay, these "spring" days have actually been more like long, cold, winter days. We have had the pleasure of a few nice warm days, but it seems like the cold just keeps trying to hang on. I realize that's what spring in Missouri is like, but that doesn't mean I have to accept it. Instead, I will complain about the chill and anxiously await the warm. Then, when it's crazy hot this summer, I'll do the same in anticipation for fall. :) It's a vicious cycle.



Anyway, I dragged the boys to the park this morning. Thankfully, I'm able to let the boys play at the park while I walk the perimeter. Exercise and Entertain. Killing two birds with one stone. Multitasking. Go me!


The boys love the park and always thoroughly enjoy themselves. Well, Corwin did, anyway. I am convinced that big brothers are just created to torment and torture their younger sibilings! I say this from personal experience, folks. I remember Shelby trapping me in the hallway and making me wrestle with him. Corwin is no different. He attempted to take Owen's life several times this morning.


On the merry-go-round, Corwin is "seemingly" clueless to Owen. Owen would be getting off the contraption, and that's when Corwin would decide to spin it at Mach speed. Or, Owen would be on the ground waiting to jump on, and Corwin would spin by with his legs flailing in the air and pummell Owen to the ground ... not once, but multiple times! Notice I said Corwin was "seemingly" clueless. Mmm hmm....







Or the teeter-totters. I now realize that these fun play-thingies ought to be outlawed because of bigger brothers. Corwin, obviously, was attempting to launch Owen into outer space by catapulting him into the stratosphere.


Thankfully, Owen walked away unharmed and thoroughly entertained. He would laugh histerically when being flung into the air. I'm waiting for the day that those laughs become blood and tears, though. I suppose that's life with boys. It's exhausting.

1 comment:

  1. You can't find merry-go-rounds OR teeter-totters in TX anymore!! SADLY they have taken the playgrounds out of most of our schools too. Too many oportunities for kids to get hurt, I guess. THEIR KIDS!! They get hurt, and they survive! Look at us, we made it flipping of monkey bars and flying off of teeter-totters. Okay, no more venting on your blog. Looks like those boys have fun. It's great that they have each other! Fun, Fun!!

    ReplyDelete