Background

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

At the Big Top!

We had a unique opportunity this week to go to the Kelly Miller Circus! What a treat that was! I'm not sure if I've ever been to a circus before, but I think I enjoyed it as much, or more, than the boys did!


We were even able to go that morning to watch the circus arrive and set up. First out of their trailer were the camels.

Then, the amazing elephants! Elephants are amazing animals, you know? Wait...did I tell you that elephants are amazing? Because, I think they're Ah-MAZing!

We also saw doves and the cutest little bunny!

Then we watched the staff raise the tent. Amazing! That thing is HUGE!

Lisa, the elephant, was the one to raise the big top. They harnessed and strapped the large center poles to her and she pulled them into place. The boys were amazed at the process. (Okay, I was too.)

The tent is raised, and they begin setting up the interior for the show. That's when we went home for lunch and naps.

SHOWTIME!!! The tigers were first. We got to sit ring side, and you could hear the crack of the whip and the roar of the tigers. Very cool.

The camels are all dressed up now and struttin' their stuff!

Finally, the elephants. It's amazing what that trainer got them to do! They are smart animals!

Ta Da!!! They were also offering elephant rides for $10 per person. That is something I wish I'd gone prepared to do. I would've LOVED to ride an elephant. And, Owen and Corwin cried to do so, but I was a few bucks shy. I guess I could've been a little less selfish and let the boys ride without me, but I didn't. Shame on me, I know. :(

Finally, the human volcanos. This was obviously Corwin's favorite. He likes anything large, explosive, and dangerous. I thought these men were insane! Oh, by the way, one of these performers is actually the cook for the entire circus staff. I guess his fire-eating skills could come in handy from time-to-time. We had a ton of fun and were thankful for the two free tickets we received. Now, that's entertainment!

1 comment:

  1. I wanna come live with you!! You and your family have so much fun together. Memories you will NEVER forget!!

    ReplyDelete