Well, it has been awhile since I've posted embarassing things that have not happened to me. So, I have plenty to boast about...
1. I most certainly did not let my oldest walk through Walmart the other day with his Iron Man mask on. (Even though, I think it might be justified since he'd just purchased the gem with newly acquired birthday funds.) I also did not enjoy the smiles and snickers other Walmart patrons were sending Iron Man's way.
2. I have seen other mothers with their children in superhero or princess costumes before at Walmart and I HAVE NOT thought, "Ha ha. Not me. Not my kid." That would not be a thought that ever crossed my mind. I'm not judgemental like that. (Especially since I didn't recently walk through Walmart with Iron Man.)
3. I did not give my 2-year-old Tylenol the other day without concrete evidence of illness. He was cranky, but didn't have fever or show signs of pain. I would never give my child medicine if it wasn't warranted! And, I certainly didn't do this so as not to miss church because my Sunday School class was going out to lunch afterwards. How selfish would that be!??!
4. I do not still have a rotting Jack-O-Lantern on my front porch. Disgusting! I do not pass that jack-o-lantern a couple times a day and think, "That thing needs to be thrown in the trash," then proceed into the house thinking I will do it later. Not me. No way.
5. And, finally (for now), I did not let both boys consume large amounts of ice cream at the restaurant yesterday. Huh-uh. Corwin asked for another ice cream cone, but was told by his father that he could only have some after he ate more real food. I then did not lead my child to get some nachos (ha - real food), watch him consume those nachos, then allow him to go get his second ice cream cone. Owen was not allowed a second bowl of ice cream merely because he wanted it. Nope. NOT ME!
No comments:
Post a Comment