Background

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A Year Ago Today

So, where was I a year ago today? Lying in a hospital bed, epidural in, waiting for Owen. He was born around 3:30 p.m., after an agonizing hour of pushing. It sure would've helped if he'd been facing face down, instead of face up. "Thank you," to Dr. Nielsen and his amazing suctioning skills.

When he was placed in my arms for the first time, all I could think of was how much he looked like newborn Corwin. Almost identical! Strong, healthy, good head of dark hair, blue eyes, and screaming! He was beautiful! He still is beautiful.

Now he doesn't look so much like his brother. Mom says he looks like I did as a baby, and I looked like my Dad. So, there you go. I finally got my stamp on a kid! He doesn't act like his brother, either. Corwin was always going, always into something, always talking. Owen is more studious, even-tempered, and easy going.

He will sit and study an object for 30 minutes! He likes to "hear" the object, feel it, and try to fit it into something (anything). We've found TV remotes in his ball-popper, train toys in the toilet, toy animals in cups and Tupperware bowls, cars in laundry baskets. He likes to fit things together. I'm constantly taking pens and markers away, because he likes to take the cap off and on, off and on.

He is a pickier eater. He loves sweets, and refuses eat what's in front of him if he sees something he'd rather have. And, he's always ready to eat.

He's a cuddler. He'll crawl up to you, stand up, and put his head on your leg and just sit there. When you get him out of bed, his head almost always goes directly to your shoulder, and he'll pat your back.

He's a smiler. Always grinning (unless Corwin's bugging him). Very sweet natured. Very pleasant. You never hear him cry (unless Corwin's bugging him). Good sleeper. If I could have more just like him, I would. But, the risk is too great. :)

Happy Birthday, Big O. It feels like yesterday that you were still in my belly, and I couldn't wait to meet you. I'm a very blessed Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment