Background

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Camping Out


We got the tent out. We may not ever get a chance to actually go camping, but it's been put up at least. Corwin was very, very, very excited. In fact, so excited, it got him into trouble. In and out, zipping and unzipping, running, jumping, etc. Ugh. It is a nice tent. Owen made his way around the floor of it himself.

Tonight Jason and Corwin are "camping out" in it. When I left them there was a huge grin on Corwin's face and his mouth was going ninety-to-nothin'. It'll be a miracle if he ever shuts his mouth and actually gets some sleep tonight. We may have a cranky boy on our hands tomorrow.


I can hear the conversation in the tent now...
A dog barks. "Daddy, what was that?"
"A dog barking."
"What was he barking at?"
"Probably a rabbit or something."
"Why?"
"I don't know why, Corwin."
An owl hoots.
"What was that, Daddy?"
"An owl, Corwin."
"Why did he hoot?"
"Because owls hoot, Corwin."
"Why?"
"Because God made owls hoot."
"Why?"...
I'm a huge supporter of male bonding. I'll be sleeping well in the bed I'll have all to myself tonight. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment