Owen has been OBSESSED with baseball lately (much to his father's delight). Jason was wondering about this middle child because Corwin was busy playing ball by the time he was 18 months old. (He didn't really have a choice but to be interested.) Owen never showed an ounce of interest while his big brother played ball... until this spring. (Do you hear Jason cheering in the background?)
Once we moved to Gainesville, we drove around "town" and was checking out all the local places. We, of course, happened upon the ball fields. Jason told Owen "that is where you'll play baseball next summer, and maybe I'll get to be your coach!" Well, we've heard about that for a month now. "Is it next summer yet?" "Dad is my coach, and I'm on his team." Etc....
Last night, we finally took that boy to HIS field so he could practice for HIS team that HIS dad is going to coach. He was thrilled!
Corwin? ... Well, not so much. He was happy while he hit the ball. But, it lost its fun when Dad made him field Owen's balls. He was sweaty, hot, and thirsty! Poor kid....
"Are we done yet?"
I don't have hardly any pictures of Ella because she wouldn't sit still long enough for me to get a decent shot. She was ALL OVER the place!!!
Put me in, Coach!
Corwin refused to look at me so I could take a picture. I took it anyway. I thought this attitude thing wasn't supposed to start until he was a teenager. Ugh!
No comments:
Post a Comment