Background

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The Final Days....

...of first grade, that is.  Corwin finished up first grade in the beginning of May.  He had a great year!  He wiped out the awards ceremony with the AR Award (most AR reading points in his class), top Reading grade, 3rd spelling, 2nd math, and Straight A Honor Roll.
 
 
 Then he went on to win several blue ribbons at Play Day.
 


 
A week, or so, later we decided to go fishing at the closest lake.  The boys fished....
 

...while Ella and I played.


 
Then, we enjoyed a picnic lunch together.  Not of fish, mind you.  They weren't terribly cooperative that day.

 
And, finally, a boat ride.  It put Ella to sleep.  I must admit, I got a little sleepy myself.  But, I figured it wouldn't be terribly smart to nod off while holding my sleeping 18-month-old daughter in the middle of a large lake.



 
It was a fun day, and a good way to kick off summer.  (Even if we did wear sweatshirts and pants.)

No comments:

Post a Comment