We went camping with my parents, and my brother's family over the Memorial Day weekend. It was perfect! The nights were cool (which was nice since Jason, the boys, and me were sleeping in a tent), and the days were hot (perfect for water play)! The water was a little cool, but not bad when then sun was in full force.
Owen loved riding in Uncle Shelby's boat, and swimming "in the yellow lines," (which is the designated swimming hole, by the way).
Corwin thoroughly enjoyed his cousins' company and he played very hard all weekend.
This was Ella's first experience with the lake. Boating, being outdoors, sleeping in Grandma and Grandpa's trailer... she loved it all. We put her feet in the water, but she shrank away from that. A little too cool, I guess. She was a trooper! It was exhausting for Mommy and Daddy, but she did great!
Corwin tried his hand (or feet) at wake boarding. He got up, but couldn't stay up. It won't be long, though. All he needs is a couple more good tries and he'll have it down. He got tired real quickly, and cold. Sitting in that water waiting for the boat with a big board tied to your feet is tiresome.
Corwin and Emerie had the same smile. Two front teeth missing, and one permanent tooth halfway through. He is 6 and she turned 8 that Saturday.
Ella got sleepy and took a couple naps on the boat. I know the feeling....
The kids loved "The Serpent." Well, Corwin loved it. Owen had a love/hate relationship with it. The first time he rode it he loved it, until it flipped on us. Fortunately, I was sitting with him. He wouldn't let go of the handles and was being dragged by the creature. Then, when he came up, he saw that the boat was still going (turning around, but going). He thought Uncle Shelby was leaving us, and screamed, "NOOOO!!! UNCLE SHELBY, STOP! DON'T LEAVE US!" I told him he was coming back, but he didn't believe me until he saw the nose of the boat headed our way. The next day we made him get back on it. He didn't want to AT ALL, but he is the personality that you have to push him through his fears. Once he pushes through, he loves it! The above picture was after we made him ride. He loved it and wanted to do it again the next day.
Like I said, Ella did great. She stayed on schedule, and was happy the entire time. But, camping with a baby is a ton of work. One night I went to bed at 8:45 because I was spent! Moving her stuff around all the time, setting up and breaking down the pack-n-play, taking care and monitoring her brothers, ... I was beyond ready for bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment