Saturday afternoon we carved our pumpkins. And, regardless of the expressions on the boys' faces, they were very excited and had a ton of fun. They just didn't thoroughly enjoy the camera in their faces. (To their defense, I was experiencing camera issues and had asked them to smile about a dozen times. They were tired of smiling, obviously.)
Corwin was exctied because we allowed him to carve his own pumpkin this year. (He is 6, you know.) He and I chose from several different facial features, then I drew on the pumpkin the designs he chose. Then, I handed him the kids' carving knive (not sharp AT ALL, all you concerned readers) and let him at it. He took a little freedom with it, but stayed fairly true to the agreed-upon design.
His dad did the mouth, because Corwin's arms and hands were quite tired after the eyes and nose.
And, the finished products! Corwin especially loves his jack-o-lantern's right eye, in which he took some artistic freedom. He thinks it looks kinda creepy, which is--obviously-- very cool.
The boys, their jack-o-lanterns, and their zombie looks. Creepy ... I know. (Creepy is Corwin's new word these days.)
That evening we had ourselves our own Morris Four bonfire. Usually we are able to participate in at least one good bonfire/hayride activity, but because of our recent relocation, hadn't had the opportunity. So, Jason had cleared some brush and pruned some bushes, we piled them in the back corner of our yard, and had ourselves a bonfire and weenie roast. The boys loved it! Who am I kidding? I loved it! The weather was perfect, and we were able to enjoy time with just the four of us. (And, we didn't have to watch football that evening with Daddy.) The boys came in grey with ash (from playing in the fire), bathed, and quickly went to sleepy-town. It was a good, fall day.
P.S. Little did we know, the church we'd visit the next day had their hayride/bonfire that Sunday night. We were surprised to find old friends now pastoring that church, so we returned that evening to enjoy their bonfire. So, we enjoyed two this year! :) 'Tis the season!!!
Ok that first picture looks exactly like Brett!
ReplyDeleteLove those boys! Miss you guys!