So, I have been busy brainstorming and creating. I've had to completely change gears, mentally, from baseball and trucks to flowers and PINK. This was a difficult thing for me to do. But, now that that train has come around the bend, I've jumped aboard and we're going full-steam ahead.
This first picture is not of a nursery item. Instead, it is a picture of Jason's Granny's spoon collection. (I thought the family might like to see this.) She passed away about a month ago, and this is something that Jason wanted to keep of his Granny's. I was not happy at first, until I figured out how to display it in our home. Shadow box frames are the key! Now, I LOVE it and am happy to have it in our home. (This is just half. I'm waiting until payday to buy the second one.)
Okay, now to the birds in the nursery. I saw a version of this "bird mobile" online and thought, "I could do that." Fortunately, I found a free pattern for sewing my own birds, and took some of Granny's fabric that I'd received, and went to town creating eight little birdies. Add some sticks from outside, and a few silk cherry blossoms, string it together with fishing line, and viola! A bird mobile.
Each bird is made from a different fabric. Ain't they cute!??!
I also had a brown frame that wasn't being used, so I decoupaged the background with pink scrapbooking paper, and cut out letters from brown and teal fabric, and made framed her name, "Ella Joy". On the bottom two corners of the frame are little tiny birds' nests (also from Granny's craft bins). I also made the basket liners that you see on the changing table. They were red before (both boys used them in their room), and now they're a cutie-patootie pink!
The room is coming along nicely. I just need to hang my framed art, get an area rug, hang the curtains, and put on the finishing touches. That might all get done this weekend, since I'll have my husband around to assist. I'm excited to see the finished product, and share it with you!
No comments:
Post a Comment