Many people have asked me what Owen and I have been up to since Corwin has started school. Let me just say, it has been a definite period of adjustment...and we're still adjusting!
Our mornings start with getting up with Daddy and Corwin, getting breakfast going, and getting them out the door by 7:20 a.m. (Corwin catches the bus at Daddy's school and rides it to the upper elementary.) Then, it's usually time for us to finish breakfast and clean up the dishes, make beds, start laundry, etc. Then, weather permitting, Owen and I might take a walk. Well, he's on his bike; I'm on foot. Afterwards I usually get my shower while Owen takes in a little Sesame Street. Now that Owen has some TV time to himself, he's beginning to really enjoy a little Elmo time.
Then, we play trucks. Either outside...
...or inside. Often times, both!
As you can see, if we've been outside playing, he's playing trucks in the dirt. There is dirt in a large crack in the drive way, dirt next to a rose bush just off the carport, and dirt under the pecan and maple trees to the west of the house. So, as you can imagine, Owen gets himself awfully dirty!
So, therefore, we end up here! His legs are usually black with dirt, and his hands, arms, and feet. If he's been sweating, so is his face. So, we just dump him in the tub to wash it all away. Then, when we drain the tub, the tub is filthy. So, Mommy cleans the tub.
By then, it is usually lunch time. So, we have a sandwich, and head to bed for a nap. I usually sit down and read...and have a nap myself. :) I'm using the pregnancy as an excuse.
After nap, around 3:10 p.m., we go and head to the school to pick up Bubby from school! He rides the "early bus" from his campus (the lower elementary), to the upper elementary and high school where Jason works. While Jason is in the midst of baseball season, Owen and I go pick him up after school. When baseball is done, Jason will bring him home. Anyway, occasionally we'll stay at the school for a home baseball game.
When Corwin gets off his giraffe bus (which Owen looks for), Owen is yelling, "There's Corwin! YAY!" And, when Corwin gets in the van, Owen tells his brother, "I lost you, Corwin! Now I found you!" Then, Owen usually goes about telling Corwin about his day (which is almost always the same). "I watch Elmo, Corwin! And play trucks! I ride my bike on the road!" I love to hear this interaction. Owen has truly missed his brother, and wants Corwin to know all the exciting events of his day. Corwin also fills us in on his school day, too. I'm learning to enjoy those rides home.
Then, we come home, get a snack, and I sit with the boys and take in some Loony Tunes or Tom and Jerry. By then, it's usually time to start supper. Jason comes home around 5:30 p.m., where Owen lavishes over Daddy's return!
I have learned several things since Corwin has been in school. 1. The house is much quieter without Corwin. 2. The house is much cleaner without Corwin. 3. Owen misses his brother and wants Mommy to play with him, read to him, and talk with him an awful lot! (Not a bad thing.) 4. We both look forward to going and getting Corwin at 3:30 p.m. 5. We all three look forward to Daddy's arrival as well.
Life is...different. But, I'm going to enjoy the calm before the storm. By December, this house is going to be roaring with the sounds of a baby girl. We'll savor the quiet while it lasts.
No comments:
Post a Comment