I'll try to make this one as short and sweet as possible.
Our ultimate destination was Houston, TX, where Jason has a great aunt and uncle residing. We thought it would be a good, cheap vacation opportunity to stay at their house and take in all that the Houston area has to offer. That proved to be quite true.
We arrived Sunday, late afternoon, and enjoyed a relaxing evening visiting.
Monday morning we headed out to Galveston Beach. I enjoyed having my feet in the sand and sea, and watching my boys play.
Wednesday morning we went to the Johnson Space Center. Corwin is a bit of a space nut, so he was especially looking forward to this day. (I'll admit. I'm a bit of a space nerd, too. It's fascinating, so I couldn't wait either.)
They also had real rockets.
We bought Corwin the headphones where an astronaut explained everything, in detail, of what he was looking at. He loved that thing! He would tell us what it was saying, and probably knows more about space stuff than you or I do.
This is a Saturn V rocket (actually it's, like, Saturn XVII). This is just like the Saturn rockets that took men to the moon. This one was never used, but it in complete working condition. I was amazed at the thing's size. MASSIVE!


The boys thoroughly enjoyed their day at the space center. We watched films, saw demonstrations, and even played around for awhile. The boys left exhausted (mostly Owen) and happy with their little space toys they got at the gift shop. (Thanks Christy, Vernetta, an Vernece for giving them money. They LOVED choosing their own souvenir.)
We got back to Uncle James's and Aunt Edith's house around 3:30, where I put a very tired Owen down for a nap. Then, Jason, Corwin, and Uncle James went to tour the San Jacinto state park, where a battleship is parked.
Jason said that Corwin had to sit on EVERY gun, and not just every gun, but every SEAT at every gun.
He came back telling me all about the battleship, how the soldiers shot the guns, that it was hit by Nazis, etc. If you ever go to a museum with this boy, be prepared to read EVERY bit of information posted. He is a sponge, man, and hungry for knowledge! I'm not complaining, though I do get tired of reading sometimes.
No comments:
Post a Comment