Background

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Bend in the Road

Many of my readers (ha! I have "readers") know that our family has endured a rather ... abrupt change recently. Jason endured some really ugly stuff in his work and was forced to resign in the middle of the school year. It was not our plan, nor do I believe it was God's plan, but He has worked it to the good. His promises in scripture are true, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28) Jason has been called to coach, I believe, and God has worked a very ugly situation--that could have been very bad--into the good.

So, all that is to say that we have moved back to our house that we own and were renting out. It's nice to be "home". Jason and I have moved a lot in our 11 years of marriage. This makes the eighth move, to be exact. But, I have found that home is where your stuff is--where your family is. And, it's good to be home. It's always hard to say goodbye to friends, and it was even more so this time because Corwin has real friends now. But, we have our health and each other, so all is good! And the boys are resilient. They adjust very quickly.

I am thankful for God's role in our life. Without Him, this whole situation would have been very dismal and dark. And, don't get me wrong, it was for a time. But, "He brought me out of the miry clay! He set my feet on the rock to stay!" He is good!

Please be in prayer for us as Jason is on the hunt for a new job next school year. Pray that we go exactly where God wants us to be. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Praying the, "this is the way, walk in it" of our Lord will be abundantly clear and peace-giving to you both. Missed your expressions of encouragement as I preached Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still praying for you and your family girlie! We're going through out own transitions here and it's so hard when kiddos are involved. You are so right, though, they are resilient. Pray God gives you boldness and direction for the future!

    ReplyDelete