A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. ... She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks. ... She sees that her trading is profitable, and her lamp does not go out at night. Proverbs 31:10, 17-18.
I am trying my best to live up to this woman's standards. I have just spent days sorting through the boys' things--keeping some, trashing some, and setting much aside for "trading". I am exhausted and am doubting whether or not the effort is worth it.
I have hanged and tagged well over 200 items. My fingers are sore (from the 250 safety pins I've secured my items with), my back aches, my head is throbbing, and I'm ready for bed! Is it worth it? I guess we shall see when the check rolls in. The depressing thought that lingers is that, I'll probably do this all again in the fall. And, with my proceeds, I will just reinvest those funds in more clothes, shoes, and toys to resell at a later time. Ugh. It is a vicious cycle.
But, there is no excuse as to why I cannot make the most of our resources. God has blessed us with so much!!! We have had to buy very, very little for our boys. We get an abundance from family members and friends! In fact, when Corwin was little, I could not wait to buy him an Easter outfit! It was the FIRST outfit that I was able to buy that he needed! He was 7 months old.
God has been so good. We are never in need of anything, and possess so much that we desire. Now, I feel I must be faithful with what He has given us and be "noble" and pray that my "trading is profitable." I wish I had Prov.31 Lady's arm strength and vigorous work ethic. That woman is a MACHINE!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment