Background

Saturday, December 12, 2009

A Baby-Sittin' We Will Go

Welp, the boys and I took a road trip last week. (That's why you haven't heard from me in several days.) My sister-in-law had to go back to work 3 days last week, and she has yet to find childcare for Jack, so I offered my expert services. It was a sacrifice, but someone had to do it. And I loved every minute of it.

We left Monday and came home Friday. Now, his parents warned me by telling tales of him being fussy, but I question the validity of their stories. Jack was an angel!!! I suspect it was because his Aunt Amy was there, and he loves his Aunt Amy. His Mommy and Daddy attribute his good behavior to the Prevacid he was prescribed Monday morning. But, I know the truth, and I'm broadcasting it on my blog so all will know... Aunt Amy works wonders!

He also was able to survive his older, crazier, less quiet and careful cousins. There were some close calls. Owen went from wanting to pull his feet off, to loving on him, to vigorously bouncing him in the bouncy seat, to whacking him on the head with a toy. Corwin, too, wanted to bounce him, entertain him with toys 2 inches from his face, and constantly monitor him in the swing.

I LOVE this picture. These boys are one year and one day apart. Isn't it amazing how much growth and development occurs in a year?

Aunt Toot-Toot thought it'd be a great idea to construct a gingerbread house one night. Hmmm.... It was interesting, alright.

And, here's the finished product. Umm... we found Owen eating the gingerbread tree, thus the missing top half. Owen was not pleased that we had all that sugary goodness and were not allowing him to partake of it. He was quite angry when he'd had a taste, saw that it was good, and it was quickly taken away. He was quite cranky after that.

Here's another shot of Jack, happy as a lark under Aunt Amy's expert care.

We enjoyed every minute of it! I'm not sure which I enjoyed more, my days with Jack, or the evenings with Kerrie and Jeremy. I am blessed to have such good in-laws!!! I wish I were closer so we could do more together. I'm also incredibly thankful for the opportunity to stay home with my children. I saw how hard it was for Kerrie to be away from her baby all day, just to spend a few precious hours with him in the evenings. Unfortunately, right now, there isn't much else they can do. Jeremy is in the process of planting a church, and she has to work right now. I'm praying (and they are too) that that will soon change, and Mommy will be able to stay home more with Jack. Most mother's hearts are at home with their children... and there's no better place to be.

Okay, off that soap box. We're glad to be home, and the recovery effort has begun. Today, Santa Clause came to town. Corwin told him he wanted a football helmet, a Hot Wheels track, or a Transformer. (Whew. Santa is prepared for one of those requests.) Owen... well, he wasn't so sure about the guy. He didn't want to sit on his lap. He'd stand by him and look at him, but he would not sit on his lap.

It won't be long, and we'll be cleaning up the holiday mess. I love Christmas and all the joy it brings! We've wrapped a slew of presents today, and addressed cards. It's the most wonderful time of the year! I'm so thankful for a Savior who came to this earth so that I can have life abundantly and eternally. Oh, what a gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment