Background

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Out of This World Birthday


Corwin finally had his "alien" birthday cake Saturday evening. Yes, it looks more like a fiesta sombrero, or something, but it's the best I could do (I didn't quite know how to make a grey icing). Anyway, Grandma, Grandpa, Nana, and Pa came and spent the weekend with the boys for Grandparents' Day, and Corwin enjoyed every minute of it. First we went to one of Daddy's baseball games, then came home for supper and alien cake.

Corwin's birthday was rather low-key this year. Every year we've had him a party, but not this year. Monday (Labor Day) we took him to play Putt-Putt golf and ride go-karts. The go-kart track we went to had a special track and go-karts for little guys, so he was able to drive all by himself! He LOVED it! Then he and Daddy took a ride on the big track. He liked his car better. I have pictures on my phone, but am not sure how to download them onto my computer. Maybe later.

Anyway, Tuesday (the actual birthday), some friends came over with a small cake and a present. He was very pleased. He finally thought it had been a good birthday.

Then, this weekend the grandparents were here. Next weekend we're going to Arkansas to hostess a shower for Jason's sister, and I think he'll have yet another cake and celebration. Poor kid must think the entire month of September is dedicated to celebrating his birth.

Anyway, here are some pictures of the sad little cake. I'm kinda embarrassed that I'm even posting these pictures, but... oh, well. Corwin loved it. That's all that matters (0h, and that it tasted good, even if we did all end up with green mouths for a while).

No comments:

Post a Comment