Background

Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Campin' We Will Go!

These are my boys, loaded up, and ready to go on our first ever Morris camping trip. We headed Monday morning for Lake of the Ozarks State Park where we would be staying four days and three nights. Corwin is very excited.
This is our humble home for the next three nights. The view is gorgeous. We had an awesome campsite!

This is the fish that Corwin "helped" reel in. He fished and fished and fished! All he wanted to do is fish! But, he never caught one on his own. In fact, when he helped Daddy with this one, the feel of a fish on the line kinda scared him. He wasn't expecting it to feel the way it did.

This is Owen riding in the boat. He hated the life jacket, but loved the boat ride. He went to sleep every time. I can't say I blame him. I want to go to sleep almost every time, too.

This is our last morning, and Corwin's last efforts to catch a fish. No luck.

But, he never failed at trying. :)

Interesting happenings:
1. It rained and rained. Monday night it stormed, and it stormed off and on Tuesday. We got out of the tent Tuesday morning and began breakfast preparations when it came a deluge of rain. We packed up and went to Denny's instead. It rained ALL day and night, with small breaks here and there. Fortunately, our tent never leaked. Wednesday and Thursday were gorgeous.
2. We had a visit from some nocturnal friends Tuesday night. They got into our trash, then got into our ice chest and ate all our Hershey's chocolate bars (the five that were left) and hauled off our ham lunchmeat. Sadly, no more s'mores or ham sandwiches. Our neighbors said they saw the culprits and they were the biggest two raccoons they'd ever seen. Obviously, since they feast on chocolate and ham.
3. Chipmunks ate the zucchini bread I made. Jason caught them in the act. We decided to cut around the part they munched on. Zucchini bread is hard work.
4. Camping with a baby is exhausting. I don't recommend it unless you have an army of helpers with you. Owen did great, but Mommy was in sore need of a nap when she got home.

I'm glad we're home. It was fun, and we'll do it again, but I'm looking forward to when Owen is older and more independent....and when it won't rain so much.






2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! When I saw the top picture of Corwin on my dashboard, i thought it was Brett!!! They are so cute!! Sounds like you guys had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I have always thought Corwin looked so much like you but I have to say the picture with the hat on... looks SO MUCH like his Daddy!! They are getting so big. I'm not looking forward to the "how fast they grow up" part of being a Mommy. Though I do know every stage is a new blessing.

    ReplyDelete