Corwin asked--out of the blue--"What does it feel like when you get saved?" We were on our way to evening church services, and Jason and I described how we felt when we made that important decision. Corwin then went to describe their Sunday School lesson that morning, and how they talked about needs. How we need certain things in life, but that the most important need we have is salvation through Jesus Christ. He, then, went on to say, "I need to be saved."
No greater feeling does a mother have than to hear those words. I told him that if he wanted to ask our pastor any more questions, he could do that before service (we just "happened" to be running early that evening). He agreed, and did so when we arrived at church. He came out with a silly, embarrassed little grin on his face that told me he'd prayed the most important prayer any person can pray, and had asked Jesus into his heart. HALLELUJAH!!!
That evening, during the service, Bro. Don brought Corwin up to the front of the church and announced his good news. That night, Corwin (and I) couldn't wait to call all his grandparents, aunts and uncles and tell them! He was so excited, and even more excited to get baptised.
A couple weeks later, on March 10, during the evening service, Corwin was baptised. The church was full with family and church family, who were all excited to celebrate with us. Two others were also baptised that evening. It was truly a special evening!
Since the day I knew I was expecting this boy, I've prayed for this day. I am so thankful to God for His faithfulness to call, forgive, and wash clean. I pray Corwin grows and never forsakes his God, and serves him with all his heart and soul and mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment