I've been busy, busy, busy these last couple of weeks cleaning out the baby room, assembling furniture, washing and cleaning, and decorating. I figured I better start now while I feel good and am not as big as a barn yet, versus waiting until I'm miserable to do all this work. And so, I thought I'd share some of my progress with you.
Here is the crib. It's the same crib both boys used, and still looks great!
A closer look at the pattern on the bedding:
This is a wall sticker that I bought on Amazon.com for $3.41. It peels right off, too. Not a bad buy, if I do say so myself.
I had a friend introduce me to etsy.com. Amazing, amazing website. I spent a couple days just browsing. Anyhow, I was inspired by some handmade bird wall art, and thought it would be easy to make. Now, it doesn't do the artist (on etsy.com) justice. Her work was MUCH better than this, but it is primarily because of paper choices. I just used scrapbook paper and a brown marker to create these. They were a breeze, and I think they're pretty cute!
I made some letters too, to spell the name "Ella," but I'm not 100% sold on them yet. They're cute, but not up to my expectations. I might try something else. Anyway, that's all so far. I have curtains to hang yet, a bird mobile I'll make when my sewing machine gets back from the repair shop, and several other finishing touches, but we're making headway. For the moment, I'm pretty pleased with my $20 bird pictures (all three) and $3.41 wall sticker. Love the bedding, too, which was a gift from my mom and dad.
I'll keep you posted. :) Updates as I'm able to accomplish them!
No comments:
Post a Comment