Background

Monday, July 12, 2010

Baseball, Fireworks, and Farming, O MY!

Well, summer is almost over, unfortunately. It feels like we haven't done anything remarkable, but we've been awfully busy. Baseball, if you know us at all, consumes most of our lives. Daddy keeps his team very busy, therefore, we are busy.
This first picture is of Jason helping Owen with his first sparkler ever. It is taken at my parents' house at the Hosiner Fourth Celebration. To our surprise, Owen was not scared of the fireworks, but enjoyed them immensely. Corwin was beyond excited for this party. We bought him some cheap bottle rockets, and he insisted on "practicing" for the party the entire week beforehand. He LOVES the Hosiner Fourth!


Now, to what our summer is truly centered on--whether we like it or not...baseball. This is Jason and his assistant coach discussing strategy, I assume. Or, where they're going to stop for lunch. (You know that's a lie. Jason doesn't stop to eat EVER!)

And, this is Owen doing what he does best... eat. And, people enjoy feeding him!

And dressing him up...

This is his friend, Kaitlin. She and her best friend, Sam, help me out a lot at the games. They often chase after my children and corral them for me. They're such a help, especially now that Owen is 20 months old and constantly on the move.

Owen's up to bat... He's starting out early. I'm pretty sure most children don't have a bat placed in their hands at 6 months old. My husband thinks it's never too soon to get them started. A bat more his size would have been good, though.

Again, someone is feeding him! (I wasn't at this game. I was at home trying to sleep off a 4-day stomach bug. So, no telling what those ladies poured down my kids' throats. I do know, however, that he came home quite hyper that night.)


AGAIN, with the food!!! Hey, the boy is easy to please, that's for sure!

You can see the intense concentration on Corwin's face. The tongue sticking out is a Corwin trademark. I think his Mommy does the same thing. (I've caught myself a couple times, anyway.)

Corwin also had an opportunity to spend a day on the French farm. The teenage boy is one of Jason's baseball players, and he thought Corwin might enjoy watching them cut hay. I don't know how much hay he watched get cut, but I know he came back talking about the tractors, the dogs, the video games he played, etc. He had a really good time. We are thankful for the invitation.


No comments:

Post a Comment