Just a quick update you one Owen's growth and progress. We saw the pediatrician today and got shots. He was a trooper and only cried a little when they put the three needles in his little chubby legs.
Owen is 27 lbs. and 32 3/4 inches long. His head circumference is 19 1/4 inches. He is in the 80th percentile in weight, 90th percentile in height, and 80th in head circumference. The doctor says he's perfect! Nice and symmetrical.
He got four new molars over the past couple of weeks, and the doctor says it looked like his second set was about to come through, too. (Yuck!) And, he's really beginning to talk. He can say "bye-bye," "Bubby" (which both sound the same), Momma, Dadda, puppy, ball, bath (which also sound similar), go, bite, mine. Mind you, I use the term "say", but really he just starts the words. They have no ending so it's more like "ba-ba", "bu-bu", "ma-ma", "da-da", "pu-pu", "bah", "baa", "g", "bye", "my", etc. We only can tell what he's saying because of what he's doing at the time. :) But, he's trying, and that's a huge improvement from a month ago.
Parents As Teachers also came last week and did an intellectual screening. He's exactly where he's supposed to be. He performs all 15-month tasks, plus a few 18-month tasks. Corwin is doing exceptionally well intellectually. Ms. Kathy said he is proficient in tasks that most 6 year-olds are doing. She also said that next time she comes, she's going to have to go to the first grade teachers to bring him tasks that challenge him. She definitely enjoys coming and spending time with my boys. She doesn't see many "normal" children. I cannot imagine the homes she sees and the neglected children she has to work with. She tells me stories, and it makes me ill. There are so many kids that are raising themselves, practically. It's so very sad.
Anyway, the boys are doing well. We are all about to go crazy from cabin fever. In fact, we're awaiting yet another snow this afternoon. Another 4 or 5 inches. Jason will probably be home the next couple days. That's nice for me and the boys.
I'm very, very, very thankful for my healthy, smart boys. I have become aware of several friends' children that are dealing with physical anomalies and illnesses. Heart defects, brain tumors, cancer, etc.... Often times I take for granted how healthy my children are! Rarely do they even contract a cold or virus! Children are often what are most near and dear to our hearts, and I thank God for mine, and for blessing them indeed.
Well, I better get back to the laundry. I think we have a spring that releases a constant flow of dirty clothes. It's never done!
No comments:
Post a Comment